Meet the Staff
David S. Sax, MD
Dr. Sax originally hails from Philadelphia. He completed his undergraduate studies at Penn State University where he was the recipient of the Braddock scholarship, a full science academic scholarship. He graduated Phi Beta Kappa with honors for his two separate bachelor degrees. Dr. Sax completed his medical school training at Thomas Jefferson University in Philadelphia, PA and then went on to complete a medical internship at Penn State Medical Center in Hershey, Pennsylvania.
Dr. Sax completed a dermatology residency at the University of Michigan. For research performed during his residency in the field of laser surgery, he was awarded the Ralph Coskey award by the Michigan Dermatological Society where he presented his research to a state audience.
Following his residency, Dr. Sax spent additional training in Columbus, Ohio studying MOHS micrographic surgery as well as additional surgical cosmetic procedures.
Dr. Sax has been published in major dermatology journals, and has performed several presentations for both Dermatologists as well as other physicians on both a local and national level.
Dr. Sax started University Park Dermatology practice in Sarasota in 2001 and its adjoining medical spa Sanctuary at the Park in 2006. He is very proud to bring his expertise to the Apollo Beach area.
- American Board of Dermatology
- Fellow, American Academy of Dermatology
- Fellow, American Society for MOHS Surgery
- American Society of Cosmetic Dermatology and Aesthetic Surgery
- Dermatology Foundation
- BOTOX Cosmetic Physician Network
- American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery
- Manatee County Medical Society
- Sarasota County Medical Society
- Florida Medical Association